Peace and Joy Care Center's philosophy is that is that of "CARE". As William Shakespeare once stated, "Age is full of care." As the eldest battered women's service provider in its geographic area, Peace & Joy Care Center has shown through caring, caring about the individual needs of its clients, that there is hope for victims of domestic violence.
The Peace and Joy Shelter is a pleasant and safe community based housing organization providing 3 well balance meals a day and comfortable living accommodations for clients.
The goal of the Peace & Joy Care Center Shelter is to help eliminate domestic violence by providing temporary and transitional housing, immediate social services and counseling for women & their children who are victims of domestic violence, to transition bacck into mainstream society.
To reach our goals we offer our best services to our clients by:
- Providing emergency shelter, housing & crisis intervention up to 30 days.
- Providing transitional shelter housing & supportive services up to 18 months with 6 months follow-up.
- Enhancing emotional stability, physical, mental and spiritual strength.
- Motivating and creating positive self images
- Utilizing all available resources to serve clients.